We deal with lots of buyers and from experience we find that the following approach will make the buying process easy and stress free:
1. Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Inspect as wide a range of properties as possible. Then prepare a short list of preferred properties that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements. You will be far better placed to decide whether to buy land and build or to purchase an established home if you have looked at all the options
3. Research sales in your preferred area. Our company has a complete list of sales in the immediate area. Attend all open homes in the area.
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional team who specialise in your preferred area. Your Sandhurst Residential Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of new listings as they hit the market.
5. When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
6. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your Sandhurst Residential Sales Consultant promptly who can guide you, if you are in any way unsure of the process.
7. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
8. When negotiating, don't try to "steal" the property. Experienced negotiators know that maintaining a level of goodwill with the property owner is important. Silly offers will annoy owners who will then disregard later, more sensible offers.
9. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement. At settlement, the title will be transferred to you and your bank will establish a mortgage over the property
10. If you would like ongoing sales statistics in in the particular area where you are living, we can register you for our regular Real Estate Report. Please register by calling +61 3 8787 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org